STAFFORD – Stafford Township held their annual reorganization meeting recently where a new council president was elected and sworn in.
Councilman Paul Marchal was sworn into his position as council president by Sen. Chris Connors (R-9th), who also acts as the Township Attorney for Stafford. Preceding Marchal in this position was Councilman Alan Smith. The council president is rotated each year, said Mayor John Spodofora.
Linda Martin was appointed as the Municipal Clerk for Stafford during the meeting. The other members that will remain on the council alongside the new president are Councilman Stephen Fessler, Councilman Steve Jeffries, Councilwoman Sharon McKenna, and Councilman David Taylor, with Mayor Spodofora.
The council proceeded to pass 64 resolutions, 6 of which pertained to the Water and Sewer reorganizational consent agenda.
In the resolutions, some of the important positions decided upon for 2018 were:
- Local Registrar – Vicki Furmanek
- Township Attorney – Christopher Connors, Esq.
- Township Engineer – CME Associates
- Township Planner – CME Associates
- Energy Consultants – Concord Engineering Group, Inc.
- Landscape Architect – Taylor Design Group
- Township Conflict Attorney – Kevin B. Riordan Esq.
- Municipal Prosecutor – Citta, Holzapfel & Zabarsky
- Township Auditor – Holman Frenia & Allison
- Public Agency Compliance Officer – Nicola Reid
The council also approved a resolution that designated two Stafford Township Police Officers to positions as security at Southern Ocean Medical Center and added a new Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer to the department.