Electrical Fire At Shore Area School, No Injuries

LACEY – Lacey Township High School students and staff were evacuated for approximately 15-20 minutes this morning due to smoke coming from the roof of the Auxiliary Gym, Superintendent Vanessa Clark confirmed.

“On the roof, an HVAC unit had a small electrical fire, which the school maintenance staff promptly resolved,” stated an alert on the school’s website. “Further, due to the quick response of Forked River and Lanoka Harbor Fire Departments, the situation remained under control and the students were able to return to the building.”

Clark noted that a few staff members smelled the smoke and then those inside the school were evacuated at approximately 9:30 a.m.

It was determined that the cause of the smoke was in fact an electrical fire near an HVAC unit.

“All areas of the school are cleared and deemed safe. The building has returned to its normal operating procedures,” stated the alert.

SHARE
Previous articleOverturned Vehicle Injures Driver
Next articleToms River Says Goodbye To Landmark Tree
Kimberly Bosco is the Assistant News Editor/Writer at Micromedia Publications. A recent graduate of Rutgers University, she has spent the last four years studying both English and Journalism Media Studies. Kimberly has also recently worked for both Visit.org Dialogues @RU as a writing and editing intern.