MANAHAWKIN – Patients at a local nursing and rehabilitation center were evacuated after high carbon monoxide readings were found.
Stafford Township Police and other authorities evacuated about 30 patients from the first floor of the Manahawkin Nursing & Rehabilitation facility on Route 72 West at 11 p.m. Jan 8. A carbon monoxide detector in the building’s basement had activated, and high readings were found.
The patients were evacuated to Southern Ocean Medical Center in town and Shore Meadow in Toms River, Lt. James Vaughn said.
There were no reported injuries.
The Ocean County Fire Marshal and Stafford Township Bureau of Fire Prevention are investigating.