TRENTON – Two former Barnegat area priests have been added to the list of those charged with sexual abuse, according to the Diocese of Trenton.
The Diocese of Trenton put out a list of former priests accused of sexual abuse on Feb. 13. An updated version of that list includes two former priests who served at St. Mary’s in Barnegat: Francis J. C. Janos and Richard R. Milewski.
Janos is now deceased, but the list states that he had multiple victims of sexual abuse in his time as a priest. He was ordained in 1946 and served at St. Mary’s from 1966 to 1982. In addition to St. Mary’s, Janos also served at the following churches:
- St. Mary, Perth Amboy
- St. Francis, Metuchen
- Our Lady of Lourdes, Milltown
- St. Philip & St. James, Phillipsburg
- St. Rose of Lima, Freehold
- Middlesex County Boy Scouts (chaplain)
- Our Lady of Mercy, Englishtown
- St. Matthew the Apostle, Edison
- St. Joseph, High Bridge
Milewski is also accused of having multiple victims but has since been removed from the ministry, according to the list. He was ordained in 1983. Milewski also served at the following churches:
- Corpus Christi, Willingboro
- St. Veronica, Howell
- St. Anthony of Padua, Hightstown
- St. Mary, Barnegat
- Holy Eucharist, Tabernacle
- St. Rose of Lima, Freehold.