OCEAN COUNTY – Numerous Ocean County agencies will be conducting “Point in Time” surveys and Project Homeless Connect at sites all over the county on Jan. 24.
This survey is meant to help determine the number of people who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness in a community and engages those individuals in appropriate services, according to the Ocean County Homelessness Prevention and Assistance Coalition.
Many of the agencies involved will provide health screenings, food and clothing, information about available services in the county, and emergency contact information.
The Project Homeless Connect sites involved are:
- Ocean County Hunger Relief, Inc., 21 Germania Station Road, Toms River
- Toms River Community Church, 22 Robbins St., Toms River
- New Life Christian Center, 211 East 4th St., Lakewood
- The House of Hope, 253 Chestnut St., Toms River
- Francis Community Center at the Ocean County Southern Service Center, 179 South Main St., Manahawkin
- Greater Tuckerton Food Pantry, 148 North Green St., Tuckerton
Many of the sites open at 9 a.m. and close at 4 p.m. Toms River Community Church is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and House of Hope closes at 3 p.m.
The Point-in-Time Survey Sites are:
- Catholic Charities, 200 Monmouth Ave., Lakewood
- Visitation Relief Center, Laurelton Square, 1930 Route 88, Brick Township
- Ocean County Library, Main Branch, 101 Washington St., Toms River
- BEAT Center, 1769 Hooper Ave., Toms River
- Lakewood Community Center, 20 4th St., Lakewood.
The survey sites are open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For information contact Nancy McCorry from the Coalition at 1-848-333-8341.