HOWELL – New salary ranges were established for various township positions when the Township Council adopted a salary ordinance recently. The ordinance was passed unanimously by council members.
The ordinance outlines increases or decreases to the minimum and maximum salaries for a host of township positions.
The following maximum salaries were decreased:
- Chief Financial Officer: $140,000 to $119,339
- Assistant Chief Financial Officer: $95,000 to $65,867
- Deputy Township Manager: $95,000 to $40,000
- Township Attorney: $147,000 to $139,230
- Municipal Judge: $75,000 to $68,250
- Municipal Prosecutor: $65,000 to $52,500
- Public Defender: $50,000 to $31,500
The following maximum salaries were increased:
- Tax Assessor: $102,000 to $106,300
- Township Clerk: $110,000 to $114,995
- Tax Collector: $98,000 to $102,290
- Human Resources Administrator: $77,000 to $80,325
- Payroll Administrator: $70,000 to $70,200
- Alliance Coordinator: $60,000 to $60,520
The ordinance also added two salary positions:
- Deputy Court Administrator: range of $6,250 to $7,500
- AB Operator: range of $1,000 to $5,000
The minimum wage for Seasonal Employees was also increased from $8.38 per hour to $9 per hour.