Family Of Three Safe After Fire

Photo by Jason Allentoff

  BRICK – It was the work of those trusty smoke alarms that saved the lives of three individuals and their dogs during a house fire this week in Brick Township.

  According to the Brick Bureau of Fire Safety, on Jan. 15, fire units responded to the residence at 49 Burlington Ave. for reports of a structure fire. Thanks to the working smoke alarms in the residence, the family of three and their pets were able to exit the home safely.

  The fire was quickly brought under control and the home only suffered minor damage during the incident, officials said.

  Two Brick firefighters sustained minor injuries. One was treated at the scene and the other was treated at Ocean Medical Center.

  Brick Fire Bureau reminds every one of the importance of smoke alarms in situations like this.

  “It is a proven fact that working smoking alarms save lives. There is no doubt that this early detection of the fire saved this family. The smoke alarms sounded and they took action to evaluate and called 911. Please test your Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarms monthly to make sure they are operating,” state fire officials in a press release.