BERKELEY – It’s that time of year again: tax season. While most people do their taxes every year, it can still get a bit confusing. Berkeley seniors who have questions about their tax returns can now get free assistance from AARP.
AARP is providing free tax counseling sessions for seniors at the Holiday City Berkeley Clubhouse, 631 Jamaica Blvd. in Toms River, according to the Ocean County Office of Senior Services. These free services will be provided now through April 16, 2019.
You will need:
- Copies of your 2018 Federal and New Jersey Tax returns
- Social Security card
- W-2 Wage and Tax Statements
- 1099-R Pension and Annuity Statements
- 1099s for Interest, Dividends, Stocks, etc.
- Social Security statements including Form SSA-1099
- Medical Expenses including mileage
- Tax-related statements (Property Tax, etc,)
- Bank Account information for Direct Deposit of Refund or Direct Debit of Payment
- PTR Booklet and Primary Residence Real Estate Tax Bill
Get free tax help on Tuesdays from now through April 9, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. for walk ins.