TOMS RIVER – The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced that Route 166/Main Street will be closed and detoured tonight for watermain installation in Toms River, Ocean County.
Beginning at 9 p.m. tonight, Thursday, June 9, until 5 a.m. Friday, June 10, Suez Water Company’s contractor, J.F. Kiely Construction Co., is scheduled to close and detour Route 166/Main Street from highland Parkway to East Water Street. The closure is necessary to install a new water system on the 600 block of Main Street. Local access will be maintained for residents and businesses. The following detours will be in place:
Route 166/Main Street northbound detour:
• Motorists on Route 166/Main Street northbound will be directed to turn right onto East Water Street/CR 527
• Turn left onto Hooper Avenue
• Turn left onto Route 37 westbound
• Turn right to continue on Route 166/Main Street northbound, which becomes Lakewood Road
Route 166/Main Street southbound detour:
• Motorists on Route 166/Main Street southbound will be directed to turn right onto Highland Parkway
• Turn left onto West Water Street/CR 527 back to Route 166/Main Street
For questions regarding the project, contact Suez Water Company at (866) 439-2837.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors.