LACEY – The Lanoka Harbor Volunteer Fire Company reported that fireworks caused a fire in the marsh on the night of July 4.
The fire took place at the end of East Hickory Drive. There were no injuries, the fire company reported.
They were assisted by the New Jersey Forest Fire Service in putting out the blaze. It was believed to have been caused by remnants of fireworks.
“We understand that most people like to partake in fireworks, but please use extreme caution and be aware of your surroundings and wind direction before shooting them off,” the fire company stated on its Facebook page.