LAKEWOOD – Starting next week, New Jersey American Water will be replacing about 11,000 feet of aging 6-inch water main in Lakewood.
The project also contains replacing 11 fire hydrants and 178 utility-owned service lines along the pipeline route. The aged water lines that were installed as far back as the 1930’s will be upgraded to new 8-inch ductile iron main.
The following streets will be receiving upgraded water lines:
- 11th Street from Forest Avenue to Princeton Avenue
- 10th Street from Madison Avenue to Lawrence Avenue
- Nineth Street from Madison Avenue to Clifton Avenue
- Seventh Street from Madison Avenue to Lexington Avenue
- Park Avenue from Second Street to Main Street
- Lincoln Street from Martin Luther King Drive to Arlington Avenue
- Maple Avenue from East Seventh Street to Hackett Street
- Cardinal Court entire length
This $3.4 million investment is a part of New Jersey American Water’s multimillion-dollar initiative to accelerate the renewal of water infrastructure. The investment continues to advance water service reliability and increase water flows for household consumption and fire protection in this community.
Work will begin on or about November 2 and is expected to finish by the end of January. Work hours will be from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Final street restorations will be completed in the spring of 2021.