NEW JERSEY – Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) will be hosting Energy Assistance Days throughout September and October to help customers afford their utility bills or reduce their energy usage.
In cooperation with local community organizations, JCP&L will host the events throughout Monmouth, Morris and Ocean Counties.
Energy Assistance Days will feature JCP&L representatives and community agencies that will be available to answer questions and help customers determine if they are eligible for financial assistance to pay a past-due utility bill, reduce future bills or to enroll in energy efficiency programs.
If you wish to fill out an application at the event, a Social Security card, proof of income for all household residents, deed or rental lease and a recent electric bill are required.
Dates and locations:
- 11: Monmouth County Connection, 10:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
- 12: The Salvation Army, Red Bank, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- 13: Church of the Visitation, Brick, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- 14: Union Beach Municipal Building, 10a.m.–6 p.m.
- 17: Ocean County Library, Lakewood, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- 18: The Salvation Army, Asbury Park, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
- 20: First Baptist Church, Belmar, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- 21: Saint Luke’s Catholic Church, Toms River, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- 24: Eatontown Public Library, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- 25: Saint Barnabas Church, Bayville, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- 26: Jackson Township Center, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- 27: Long Branch Library, Long Branch, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- 28: Bay Shore Senior Day Center, Keansburg, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- 10: Interfaith Food Pantry, Morris Plains, 12-5 p.m.
- 17: The Salvation Army, Dover, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- 24: Denville Municipal Building, Denville, 1:30p.m. –6 p.m.
For more information about energy assistance and conservation programs