MANCHESTER – Authorities have released the name of the victim who died in a massive house fire.
Katarina Seboova, 73, was found inside the home on Heron Street that was completely destroyed from the blaze on March 19.
The Ocean County Medical Examiner’s Office determined Seboova’s cause of death was asphyxia due to smoke inhalation and her manner of death is accidental.
Several officers as well as fire personnel arrived to the home that was fully engulfed in flames around 6:50 p.m. Seboova was found during the primary search of the home and was brought to Community Medical Center in Toms River.
Another woman was rescued by first responders and is currently listed in critical but stable condition.
After an extensive investigation, officials determined that the fire originated in a garbage can on the patio. The cause of the fire was deemed to be accidental due to discarded smoking material, officials said.