MANCHESTER – Manchester Township Middle School’s future Class of 2021 held their graduation ceremony at Manchester Township High School, where they will the enter doors as bright-eyed freshmen students in the fall.
Principal Nancy Driber welcomed the audience of parents, friends and family members as she prepared to send off the group of graduates and reflect on their time at MTMS. Blake Weiner led the Pledge of Allegiance and Mia Perez, Bedelya Cortina, Kelly Horan and Helen White sang the National Anthem. Danielle Gaughran presented the student welcome address, which was followed up by the 8th Grade Chorus performing Miley Cyrus’s hit song, “The Climb.”
The following awards were presented:
- Manchester Board of Education Academic Excellence Award – Danielle Gaughran and Blake Weiner
- Carrie-Anne Carter Academic Achievement Award – Danielle Gaughran and Blake Weiner
- Carrie-Anne Carter Character Achievement Award – Matthew Deo and Julianne Jeffers
- Manchester Township Education Association Award – Kayla Johns and Jillian Peslak
- Student of the Year Award – Crystal Kilfeather and Blake Weiner
- Scholar Athlete Award – Morgan Brustman and Blake Weiner
- Athletes of the Year – Destiny Adams and Trevor Pruitt
- Christie Pearce Sportsmanship Award – Hannah Murray and Trevor Juralewicz
- Community Service Award – Jillian Peslak
- Ocean County Professional Guidance Association Caring Award – Jillian Peslak
- Manchester PTA Fine Arts Award – Mia Perez (Chorus), Jada Lynn Ellis (Art), Charles Oduro (Band)
- Drama Club Leadership Award – Crystal Kilfeather, Mia Perez, Bedelya Cortina, Kiarah Ali
- Musicianship Award – Helen White and Kelly Horan
- Administrative Unit Award – Michelle Levereth
- Presidential Academic Fitness Award – Emily Barron, Morgan Brustman, Marissa Clauburg, Danielle Gaughran, Kayla Johns, Trevor Juralewicz, Crystal Kilfeather, Michelle Levereth, Hannah Murray, Alexander Peluso, Jillian Peslak, Blake Weiner
- Manchester Middle School Achievement Award – Antonio DiMenza, Adrianne Jacobs, Diego Abbey
- Manchester’s Future Engineer STEM Award – Jillian Peslak and Ryan Garabrants
Middle school students were congratulated for their achievements by Superintendent of Schools David Trethaway, who also thanked parents and staff for their role in the students’ success.
Board of Education President Donald Webster, Jr. also made some remarks before he was joined by Mr. Trethaway, Board of Education member Jennifer Hudak and Middle School Teacher of the Year Nancy Condardo to present certificates to the graduates.
Kayla Johns presented the student farewell address before Mrs. Driber said farewell and congratulated the class, wishing them all the best in high school.