LAKEHURST – Join the Borough of Lakehurst for its second year of Cardboard Boat Races to be held at Lake Horicon!
Lakehurst Youth & Recreation’s Cardboard Boat Race will be on August 11 at 12 p.m. Participants are invited to create their own floating vessels made of cardboard and duct tape at the event. They will then have to test their boat’s ability by rowing it from one end of the swimming beach to the other.
Rules are as follows:
- A max of four sailors to a crew
- Boats can only be made of cardboard and duct tape
- Pre-treated or coated cardboard is not allowed
- Must be at least 9 years old
- Every boat must have at least one adult
- No motors or kicking/oars and paddles only.
Awards will be given out for a variety of categories, including: Overall Winner (Adult only teams), Overall Winner (Teams of adults and kids), Most Creative Vessel, “Titanic” award, and Peoples’ Choice.
All are welcome to participate!