Fire Breaks Out At Medical Office

Photo by Jason Allentoff

  BRICK – No injuries were reported after a fire broke out at a local medical center early Thursday morning, according to police.

  On Oct. 4 at around 4 a.m., police and fire personnel responded to the Laurelton Medical Center on Route 88 in Brick for reports of a fire.

  Sgt. Jim Kelly told Jersey Shore Online that police believe the blaze was sparked by a microwave or a water cooler. It was a minor contained fire in just one room of the complex.

  The fire was under control by 4:45 and extinguished shortly thereafter. Police said that the fire is not considered suspicious and the cause is under investigation.

[adrotate banner="278"]