BRICK – The Brick Township Green Fair returns for its ninth year of environmental and sustainability fun on April 13. The Green Fair will be held from 10 a.m-2 p.m. at the East Gym at Brick Township High School.
Sponsored by the Township Environmental Commission, Green Team, Recreation Department and Tourism Development Commission, the Green Fair showcases vendors, exhibitors, and students demonstrating environmental and social responsibility, locally-sourced products and zero waste.
The theme for 2019 is “Make One Change.”
“I encourage everyone to mark their calendar for this fun and informative event,” said Mayor John Ducey. “While the theme calls for individuals and households to make one change, attendees can expect to come away with many simple but important ways to be more eco-friendly and sustainable.”
The event will feature information sessions on:
- 10:30 a.m.- The Barnegat Bay featuring the Barnegat Bay Partnership
- 11:15 a.m.- Home Energy Efficiency featuring NJNG and the NJ Clean Energy Program
- 12 p.m. – Recycling featuring Brick Township Recycling Coordinator Trish Totaro and Atlantic Coast Recycling
- 12:45 p.m.- Rain Barrel Workshop featuring the Brick Township MUA.
Also at this year’s events, the Brick Township Shade Tree Commission will be distributing 825 tree seedlings, provided by the New Jersey Tree Recovery Program, the NJDEP and the New Jersey Division of Parks and Forestry.
Bring your old, clunky electronics to get rid of in the electronics wasterecycling drop-off. Provided by the Brick Recycling Company, Inc., you can dispose of televisions, computers, cell phones, etc.
Or perhaps you have some old, unused prescriptions taking up space in your cabinet? Bring them to the event to toss into the Brick Township Police Department’s Project Medicine Drop, which helps to properly dispose of unused medications.
The 9th annual event will also feature:
- Student based environmental projects and initiatives from Brick Township schools and students
- The Brick Township High School Marching Band will be holding a Rummage Sale, giving residents the opportunity to reuse and upcycle available items
- Door prizes including composters, garden planters, rain barrels and other valuable items
- Shake Shack and Kona Ice Food Trucks
For more information, email email@example.com or call Keith Rella at 732-262-1050.