BRICK – Come out to Civic Plaza, 270 Chambers Bridge Road, for an open house on flooding information on July 17 from 6-8 p.m.
Brick residents will have the opportunity to learn more about flooding, flood risks and prevention, flood insurance, the National Flood Insurance Program Community Rating System from township professionals and representatives.
Representatives will be from:
- FEMA – Map Specialists, Federal Insurance and Mitigation Division
- NFIP – National Flood Insurance Program
- SMARTVENT – Risk Reduction Plus Team
- NJDEP – State Floodplain Administration
- Brick Township Floodplain Management & Engineering Department
In addition to these representatives, representatives from Rowan University will be present. Rowan University was awarded a grant from New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA), which will be used to produce flood information products to give residents a better understanding of flood risks and prevention efforts.
For more information contact the Land Use and Planning Office at 732-262-1344.