BRICK – Brick High School has been deemed safe by environmental experts and the district.
The decision to close five classrooms in one section of the building after mold was found in one prompted the district to call in Environmental Safety Management Corporation to test air and surfaces for mold. That was Sept. 17.
The final report, issued Wednesday afternoon, said indoor mold levels were substantially lower than outdoor levels, which is normal. It means there is no mold hazard in the high school. Airborne mold levels also tested normal. As an added precaution, random samples were taken throughout the building, all coming back normal.
The mold found was likely caused by high humidity and recent heavy rains.