BERKELEY – If you’re planning on heading over to Double Trouble State Park anytime soon, the state wants you to know that most areas of the park are open to hunters for the next several months.
Visitors to the park should wear colorful clothing and visit only the protected areas of the park, like the historic district or the cranberry bogs. Swordens Pond Trail and Dover Forge Trail are outside of the protected zones, according to the state Department of Environmental Protection.
Roughly 93 percent of the park is available for hunting. No hunting is permitted on Sundays, the DEP states on the park’s Facebook page.
The hunting dates for the remainder of the year include:
- Youth Firearms Day: Nov. 17
- Permit and Muzzleloaders: Nov. 26 and Nov. 27; Dec. 1, Dec. 17 through Dec. 19, Dec. 24, and Dec. 26 through Dec. 31.
- 6 Day Firearm: Dec. 3 through Dec. 8.
- Permit Shotgun: Dec. 12 through Dec. 14.
- Winter Bow: Jan. 1 through Jan. 31, 2019.