BERKELEY – Once again, Veterans Park will be the host of Berkeley Pride Day, a celebration of family, friends, food, and fun.
The event takes place between 10 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Sept. 8 (See below for a tentative schedule). It is located at Veterans Park on Veterans Boulevard.
For $10, kids can get a wristband for unlimited rides throughout the day. Booths will have various entertainment, like sand art and face painting.
It will also be the final installment of the summer concert schedule, featuring an Eagles tribute band, followed by fireworks.
Vendors will be set up in booths around the field, selling food, crafts, and giving out information about their organizations. The food vendors are fundraisers for community groups in town.
Here is the tentative schedule for the day:
- 10 a.m.: Berkeley Pride Day begins
- Noon to 5 p.m.: Rides will be available
- 2 p.m.: Yosi, a children’s performer
- 3 p.m.: NJ Cameo Club, singers from Ms. New Jersey Senior America
- 4:30 p.m.: A ceremony in remembrance of Sept. 11, 2001.
- 5:30 p.m.: opening act Emil & Theresa
- 7:30 p.m.: Eaglemania