JACKSON – Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor are looking for new team members to fill 4,000 positions! For the 2018 hiring season, Six Flags is searching for new employees to fill positions from March to December. Come join the team of one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, as labeled by The National Association for Business Resources.
“Through four seasons, Six Flags offers incredible opportunities for practical, resume-building experience,” said Christine Parker, Six Flags Great Adventure’s director of human resources and administration. “We provide a place for many young workers to gain their first valuable work experience, as well as a stepping stone for others to grow and reach that next level in their careers.”
Six Flags offers a variety of positions, including ride operations, retail, games, park services, culinary services, admissions, guest relations/VIP services, market research, loss prevention, security, landscaping, safari guides, lifeguards, entertainment performers and show technical support, accounting, cash control, corporate alliance brand ambassadors, public relations and human resources.
“Those looking for a future in law enforcement can begin here in security or loss prevention; students exploring business have a wide variety of choices from marketing to finance and retail. We even offer very specialized positions for those studying animal behavior or zoology, culinary arts, theater and more. The opportunities are endless.
“We provide great opportunities for those switching gears. We have the flexibility to find the right opportunity for adults picking up a second job, teachers on summer break, and retirees looking to supplement their income,” she said. “Because there is extensive room for growth, many find their second home here in a supervisory role or full-time job.”
There are many upcoming job fairs, auditions, rehiring events, and recruiting events that can help you find your place within Six Flags. Before attending any hiring event, new applicants must visit sixflagsjobs.com to complete the online application, and rehires must complete an online rehire packet.
The schedule of events follows:
- Rehire Celebration – Feb. 1 from 12 to 6 p.m.: All rehires are welcome for snacks and fun while hiring back in for the 2018 season at the Six Flags Employment Center.
- Entertainment Auditions – Feb. 3 and 17 beginning at 1 p.m.: Casting for actors, dancers, singers, show hosts, specialty performers (i.e. stilt walkers, jugglers) Safari guides and more.
- All rehires and new applicants are welcome. Held at the Showcase Theatre.
- Job Fairs – Feb. 10, March 11 and May 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: All new applicants are welcome. Held at the Six Flags Employment Center.
- Employment Center – Beginning Feb. 1, Weds to Fri from 12 to 6 p.m., Saturday-Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: All rehires and new applicants are welcome.
To apply, visit the Six Flags Great Adventure’s Employment Center or the Showcase Theatre Auditions, 1 Six Flags Blvd. For more information, or to obtain an online application, visit sixflags.com/greatadventure.