MANCHESTER – The State Department of Transportation announced that a portion of Route 70 will be closed in both directions between 7 p.m. tonight until 6 a.m. tomorrow.
The closure will be between the Route 70/Route 37 circle and Colonial Drive to install a natural gas main, a press release from the DOT stated.
Signs will be in place alerting drivers to detours.
Drivers heading east will be directed to:
- Follow signs for Route 37 eastbound at the circle
- Continue on Route 37 eastbound
- Keep right to take the jug handle for Colonial Drive
- Turn left at the stop sign onto Colonial Drive
- Turn right onto Route 70 eastbound
Drivers heading west will be directed to:
- Keep right to take the jug handle for Colonial Drive South
- Continue on Colonial Drive South
- Turn right onto Route 37 westbound
- Continue on Route 37 westbound to the circle and follow signs for Route 70 westbound
During the overnight closure, motorists will still be able to access the Manchester Plaza shopping center utilizing the entrance on Colonial Drive.
It’s important to note that the right shoulder of Route 70 eastbound, near Colonial, will be closed additional nights.