OCEAN COUNTY – The AMI Foundation’s Dr. Jan Astin Mobile Digital Mammography Van returns! The mobile van will make 12 stops throughout Ocean, Atlantic, and Cape May Counties this November.
The schedule for Ocean County follows:
- November 8: LBI Health Dept. (St. Francis Community Center), Long Beach Township
- November 22: Manchester Health Center, Lakehurst
- November 25: Lakewood Health Center, Lakewood
- November 26: Lakewood Health Center, Lakewood
In Atlantic County:
- November 11: Community Food Bank, Egg Harbor Township
- November 13: AtlantiCare Hospice, Egg Harbor Township
- November 15: New Day Family Success Center, Galloway
- November 19: John Brooks Recovery Center, Atlantic City
- November 27: Atlantic County Health Services, Northfield
The van will also make one stop in Cape May County at the Cape May County Probation Department on Nov. 20.
The AMI Foundation’s Dr. Jan Astin Mobile Digital Mammography Van travels throughout southeastern New Jersey providing convenient screenings for women 40+ with no current or past breast issues.
The custom-built, 38-foot van is completely self-contained and offers the latest 3D digital mammography equipment, a comfortable waiting area and a private dressing room. The mobile van’s radiology services are accredited by the American College of Radiology and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Mammography images are read by board-certified fellowship trained radiologists at Atlantic Medical Imaging.
While appointments are encouraged, walk-ins are welcome. A prescription may not be needed. Please call the scheduling department at 609-677-XRAY (9729) to make an appointment and to confirm hours of operation for specific locations.
The Dr. Jan Astin Mobile Digital Mammography Van services are made possible by funding from the AMI Foundation’s Mammography Screening Program and from Susan G. Komen Central and South Jersey. For more information, visit amifoundation.net.