OCEAN COUNTY – The season of giving is in full swing once again and Thanksgiving Day is fast approaching. For those Ocean County residents that may be in need of assistance this holiday, numerous local organizations are providing free Thanksgiving meals.
- Bayville: Faith Community Church, 525 Atlantic Blvd., Nov. 28 at 2 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome but an RSVP with a number attending is appreciated. Call 732-269-9850.
- Forked River: Lacey United Methodist Church, 203 Lacey Rd., Nov. 28 from 1-3 p.m. RSVP at 609-693-5222.
- Point Pleasant Beach: St. Gregory’s & The Elks, 820 Arnold Ave., Nov. 28 from 12-3 p.. RSVP at 732-892-8105 with number attending and if you need a ride.
- Point Pleasant: Knights of Columbus will deliver fully cooked meals on Thanksgiving Day from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Meals can also be picked up from St. Martha’s RC Church between 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at 3800 Herbertsville Rd. Call 732-295-3630 ext. 42.
- Seaside Heights: Simon’s Soup Kitchen at Our Lady Perpetual Help Parish Hall, Nov. 28 from 2-3 p.m.
- Toms River: Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 1500 Hooper Ave., Nov. 28 from 12-4 p.m.
- Toms River: Salvation Army/Hearty Helpings, 1738 Rt. 37 W, Nov. 25 for turkey and side, Nov. 27 Thanksgiving meals, Nov. 28 meal giveaways from 2-4 p.m. All are welcome.
- Tuckerton: Red Man Lodge, 143 W Main St., Nov. 24 from 12-4 p.m.
- Waretown: United Methodist Church at the Waretown Volunteer Fire Co. Hall, 117 Wells Mills Rd., Nov. 28 from 2-5 p.m. RSVP’s are preferred (609-690-3134) but not necessary.