NEW JERSEY – The AMI Foundation recently announced that the Dr. Jan Astin Mobile Mammography Van will be visiting nine locations throughout Atlantic, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Ocean County during the month of March.
The mammography van travels to different locations in NJ to provide easy and efficient breast cancer screenings. Screenings are for women 40 and over with no current or past breast issues.
The schedule is as follows, for Atlantic County:
- March 9: ShopRite, Hammonton
- March 14: Southern Jersey Family Medicine, Pleasantville
- March 15: Southern Jersey Family Medicine, Hammonton
- March 19: John Brooks Recovery Center, Atlantic City (Tennessee Ave.)
- March 27: Atlantic County Health Services, Northfield
- March 7: Cumberland County College, Vineland
- March 12: Complete Care Medical Professionals, Glassboro
- March 29: Complete Care Medical Professionals, Glassboro
- March 8: St. Theresa’s Church, Little Egg Harbor
The van has the latest digital mammography equipment, provides a comfortable waiting area, and a private dressing room. With radiology services accredited by the American College of Radiology and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the van provides board-certified, fellowship trained radiologists to read mammography images.
You can either make an appointment or walk-in. To make an appointment, call 609-677-XRAY (9729). For more information on the AMI Foundation, visit amifoundation.net.