OCEAN COUNTY – The Dr. Jan Astin Mobile Digital Mammography Van will be making its way to the area in January! The AMI Foundation’s Mobile Mammography Van will visit ten locations throughout Ocean, Atlantic, and Cape May Counties.
In Ocean County:
- January 10: LBI Health Department, Ship Bottom
In Atlantic County:
- January 3: ShopRite, Egg Harbor Township
- January 6: ShopRite, Hammonton
- January 9: Southern Jersey Family Medical Center, EHT/English Creek
- January 13: ShopRite, Somers Point
- January 20: Pathmark, Ventnor
- January 22: Atlantic County Health Department
- January 23: Community Food Bank of New Jersey, Egg Harbor Township
- January 27: Atlantic City Townehouse
In Cape May County:
- January 15: Acme, Cape May Courthouse
While appointments are encouraged, walk-ins are welcome. You can schedule an appointment at 609-677-XRAY (9729). Screenings are for women 40+ with no current or past breast issues.
The AMI Foundation’s Dr. Jan Astin Mobile Digital Mammography Van is a custom-built, 38-foot van offering the latest 3D digital mammography equipment and providing a comfortable waiting area and a private dressing room.
The mobile van’s radiology services are accredited by the American College of Radiology and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Mammography images are read by board-certified fellowship trained radiologists at Atlantic Medical Imaging.
The Dr. Jan Astin Mobile Digital Mammography Van services are made possible by funding from the AMI Foundation’s Mammography Screening Program and from Susan G. Komen Central and South Jersey.
For more information, visit amifoundation.net.