MANCHESTER – Did you know that Manchester Township has established a “Safe Exchange Zone” at the Municipal Complex where residents can complete online purchase transactions and make child custodial exchanges.
The “Safe Exchange Zone” was created as a means of addressing safety concerns brought about by patrons involved with online purchases from websites such as Craigslist, eBay, Facebook and classified ads, as well as to provide a safe location for families with visitation rights to make custodial exchanges.
Here are some helpful tips when conducting exchanges:
- Complete all transactions during daylight hours, if possible
- Bring a cell phone in case of emergency
- Notify friends or family about the details of the exchange beforehand
- Never invite strangers to their home or agree to meet at a stranger’s home
- Reconsider any transaction with an individual who refuses to meet at a “Safe Exchange Zone”
Township and/or Police Department employees may not be asked to act as witnesses, or be a part of these transactions in any capacity
For more information check out: manchesterpolicenj.com/safe-exchange-zone-opens-at-municipal-complex.