MANCHESTER – Educators received a total of $5,000 in grants from the Manchester Township PTA recently.
PTA President Melissa DiDia, joined by former president Sarita Dodd, presented the grants to those winning teachers at the Feb. 27 Board of Education meeting.
In all, there were 38 grant applications totaling more than $13,000 in requests. The PTA Grant Committee narrowed down their choices to fit the $5,000 budget.
Fourteen grants were awarded.
- Leah Robbins, MTHS, $300 for an Algebra Activities Bundle
- Christine Newbury, MTHS, $357 for Chemical Stories books
- Megan Baumgartner, MTMS, $151 for gel writing boards
- Kelly Chinery, MTMS, $200 for classroom novels
- Alice McGlynn, MTES, $200 for tempera paints for mask projects
- Danielle Hickey, MTES, $494 for wobble chairs, rockers and laptop tables
- Lynn Spinelli, Ridgeway School, $105 for 5 Minute Therapy workbooks
- Josh Simpson, Ridgeway School, $299 for adjustable standing desk
- Kevin Jones, Ridgeway School, $395 for pedometers
- Crystal Policastro, Ridgeway School, $493 for guided math tools and games
- Samantha Greenstein, Ridgeway School, $437 for take home book bags
- Tracy Kiernan, Whiting School, $467 for a Dell projector
- Nancy Trust, Whiting School, $500 for C-Pen text to speech reader
- Colleen Goetz, Whiting School, $489 for games, frontier logs and movies