No Injuries Reported In Howell Townhouse Fire

Photo courtesy Howell Township Police

  HOWELL – Authorities have confirmed no injuries resulted from a townhome fire that occurred early this morning.

  First responders were called to a home on Wren Way in the Windmill Club development around 5:47 a.m. this morning. Officers on the scene reported smoke coming from the roof of units #14 and #15.

  All residents inside the townhouse were safely evacuated from the house before police arrived, with no injuries reported. Police said several fire units arrived and were able to extinguish the blaze.

  Responding at the scene were fire crews from Southard, Ramtown, Squankum, Freewood Acres, Adelphia, Lakewood, Brick, Wall, and Jackson. Additionally, Howell Police, Howell Police EMS, Howell Township First Aid Squad, Howell OEM, Howell Fire Bureau, Howell Township Code Enforcement and Community Development, New Jersey Natural Gas, JCP&L and New Jersey American Water Company all responded.

  Currently, police do not believe the fire is suspicious in nature, and the investigation is ongoing. The fire is being investigated by the Howell Township Fire Bureau, Howell Township Detective Bureau and the Township Code Enforcement.