MONMOUTH COUNTY – With summer just around the corner, many farmers markets will open up across Monmouth County.
Since the ongoing pandemic has severely affected serval local businesses, it’s a great time to shop and support local businesses, artisans and farmers.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, outdoor farmers markets are a “lower risk shopping option.” Shoppers still must practice social distancing.
If you want to shop for fresh produce while supporting local businesses, check out these farmers markets starting up this summer in Monmouth County:
- Howell Farmers Market: Every Sunday from now through October 31 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Howell Municipal Building Parking Lot, 4567 Route 9 North.
Here you can find vendors selling raw honey, a variety of dips, unique sea glass art, fresh produce and more! View the full list of vendors at: facebook.com/HowellNJFarmersMarket.
- Downtown Freehold Farmers Market: Every Friday, July 3 through October, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Freehold Hall of Records, 1 E Main St, Freehold.
Buy sun-ripened, freshly picked fruits and vegetables directly from the farmers who grow them. Visitors will be able to purchase freshly baked goods, flowers, honey and more. Learn more at downtownfreehold.com/things-to-do/farmers-market.
- Marlboro Farmers Market: Every Sunday, June 13 through October 31, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; 444 Route 520, Marlboro
Set on 56 acres of preserved land that was once the Stattel Farm, the Market will offer fresh produce, baked good, fresh flowers and more. View the vendors at: marlboro-nj.gov/farmers-market.
- Asbury Fresh Farmers Market: Every Saturday and Sunday beginning May 8, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Kennedy Park in Asbury Park.
Not only will there be fresh, local produce and handmade goods to purchase, but there will be live music, demos and other fun activities for everyone to enjoy. Learn more at: asburyfresh.com.
- Bell Works Fresh Farmers & Makers Market: Every Wednesday now through December, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; The Block at Bell Works,101 Crawfords Corner Rd., Holmdel.
Bells Works is New Jersey’s largest indoor, year-round farmers and markers market. Vendors will sell fresh baked goods, coffee, apparel and more. View the full list of vendors at: asburyfresh.com.
- Galleria Red Bank Farmers Market: Every Sunday, May 9 through November 21, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; 2 Bridge Avenue (Corner of Bridge Ave. & West Front Street).
Serving approximately 1,000 each summer, the market will showcase over 40 vendors who sell locally-grown produce, unique crafts, eateries and more.