HOWELL – Over two miles of aging water main will be replaced in Howell by New Jersey American Water beginning this week.
In addition, 10 fire hydrants and 200 utility-owned service lines along the route will be replaced.
The aging 8-inch transite water lines that were installed in the 1970s will be upgraded to a new 8-inch ductile iron main along the following streets:
• Old Bridge Road from Newbury Road to South Westfield Road
• Under Hill Road entire length
• Dutch Valley Road entire length
• Sugarbush Road entire length
• Pepperidge Road entire length
• Pittsfield Road entire length
• Killington Drive entire length
Local contractor Perna Finnigan, Inc. will start work this week and expects to be completed within about six months, weather permitting. Work hours will be from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Work outside of these hours is not expected unless required to maintain project schedule. Final street restorations will be completed in the spring and spring of 2023.