BRICK – The Brick Township Police Department wants to remind its residents about their program Project Safe Lock.
The free program aids residents who are unable to answer their door in an emergency situation due to their advanced age, mobility, medical concerns and/or other housing situations.
A lock box owned by the Brick Township Police Department will be mounted on the resident’s door or rail and inside will contain a key to their home. The Brick Police can obtain the key when an emergency happens by using a code which will be stored in their Dispatch Center.
Participants of the Project Safe Lock program must meet certain criteria and agree to the Brick Township Police terms and conditions. Some of the conditions that will be considered are:
- Live alone or be home alone on a frequent basis.
- Handicapped or medical/physical conditions that make movement difficult.
- Whether the homeowner will be accessible.
- Provide a key (keys) for an entry door to the home.
- Grant the Brick Township Police Department permission to access and use the key in an emergency. A waiver form must be completed and notarized which will be included in this application.
- If you should move, you must notify the Brick Twp. Police Department so that we may retrieve the lock box.
Any resident interested in the program can access an application form through the Brick Township Police website at brickpd.com/forms and click on the Project Safe Lock link, or you can respond to the Community Policing Office at the Brick Township Police Station during regular business hours.