Residents Can Expect Property Tax Bills Soon

Taxes are due! (File photo)
Taxes are due! (File photo)

BERKELEY – Berkeley Township taxpayers will receive their third- and fourth-quarter property tax bills in the mail soon. Also included will be an estimated first- and second-quarter tax bill for 2020.

Third-quarter property taxes are due Aug. 1. The township offers a grace period through Aug. 12, before late payments accrue interest and penalties.

Taxpayers are reminded that 30 percent of their property tax bills goes to the municipality and is controlled by the mayor and council. The remaining 70 percent of the property tax bill is split among the school districts, Ocean County open space, Ocean County government, Ocean County Library, Ocean County Health Department.

The township boasts a 98.2 percent collection rate.