Appliance Fire Injures Berkeley Man

Photo courtesy Berkeley EMS

BERKELEY – A 78-year-old Berkeley Township man sustained injuries in an appliance fire Monday evening.

Police and firemen responded to an Iger Way home. The man, with hand and head injuries, had been making french fries when the oil ignited. The fire had been extinguished when they arrived.

He was taken to Jersey Shore University Medical Center for treatment of his injuries. He is listed in stable condition.

Authorities confirmed the fire was started on the stove-top, and was accidental.